Dear Christ UMC Family and Friends,
Following our joint meeting of the COVID Leadership Team and Church Council, and after reviewing data and discussing our path forward, we are delighted to announce that we will be welcoming a limited number of folks back to worship beginning May 23, Pentecost Sunday! Although the county is still in the red status, case numbers have begun to decrease as more people become fully vaccinated.
We encourage all church attendees to be fully vaccinated before beginning to attend worship, for their safety and the safety of the congregation. As before, high risk individuals and those who cannot receive the vaccine may choose to stay home and worship virtually.
After a review of our sanctuary space, we have determined that up to 28 units may be in the sanctuary safely – allowing for a six-foot minimum distance between individuals/family units. Because this number does not encompass our entire congregation, and some members do not have internet access, we ask for your consideration for all of our church family as you make plans to attend. If you wish, you may note your intent to attend worship with the church office or on our website www.christumc.com.
Although we encourage you to call ahead, we hope to be able to welcome everyone who comes to our door each week. If the sanctuary is full, we may be able to offer you another option to view the service in the building, or we will need to ask you to return the following week. If we reach capacity prior to Sunday based on those who have called ahead, we will post that information on our Facebook page and website.
The following precautions will be observed:
• A mask covering your mouth and nose must be worn at all times in the building. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided.
• You will enter the main east door (shopping center side) starting at 10:15am.
• As you enter the church, you will be required to have your temperature taken by our Touchless Thermometer, sanitize your hands with one of our Touchless Hand Sanitizers, and then proceed to your pew.
• You will sit in the designated spots in the marked pews. Social Distancing will be observed, Family units may sit together, Children will not come forward but will remain with their families.
• The only open areas will be the sanctuary and the two restrooms (with Touchless Towel Dispensers) off the back hall, between the Emma Lang Lounge and the Chapel. If overflow space is required, we may open the Emma Lang Lounge.
• You must sing silently and respond silently during the service. After worship you will leave by the same door you entered, maintaining physical distance.
• No Coffee Hour and only non-touch greetings!
We are very excited to be able to see one another in person again and worship together. Please continue to pray for those affected by the pandemic. Let’s all do our part to keep one another safe so that we can move toward our “new normal”!
And of course,
Fear Not – Pastor Dianne