In-Person worship starts June 13!
Dear Christ UMC Family and Friends,
The COVID Leadership Team met in the sanctuary with other congregation members on June 6 after worship. We reviewed the latest information from the CDC, along with the letter from our Bishop and the East Ohio cabinet and the latest research paper from the Center for Congregational Song. Given that information and the new state guidelines, we would like to welcome all who would like to attend (no numerical limits on attendance!) back to worship beginning this Sunday, June 13 with the following guidelines:
- It is no longer necessary to contact Jo about your intent to attend worship each Sunday. Please come, there are no limits on attendance. You are welcome into the sanctuary as soon as the doors open (between 9:30 and 10:00 am) for worship beginning at 10:30 as usual.
- Windows will be open before, during and after worship to assist in airflow
- Masks will not be required although all persons are welcome to mask. We will provide cloth masks at the door for any who request one.
- We encourage those who have not been vaccinated consider wearing your mask for your safety and the safety of our youngest members who cannot yet be vaccinated, as well as those who may not be vaccinated for other medical reasons. However, we do not and will not require proof of vaccination for those who choose not to mask. All are welcome and encouraged to be mindful of others.
- We encourage congregational singing and response to liturgy as long as the windows are open to maintain airflow. We request that you wear a mask while singing and sing at a lower volume than usual. If windows are closed, we will not sing.
- We encourage physical distancing at your discretion. Work to maintain 6 feet of spacing, unless with a family member.
- We encourage you to stay home if you show any signs of illness.
- Please make use of the hand sanitizing stations and use only the restrooms at the back of the sanctuary near the chapel.
Looking forward to seeing you this and every Sunday as we continue to remember to:
Pastor Dianne and the CUMC COVID Leadership Team
Please connect to join us online via :
LIVESTREAMING worship at 10:30AM
• Facebook : www.Facebook.com/ChristUMC1938
• YouTube : www.Youtube.com/ChristChurch75
• Zoom Audio : 1.929.436.2866; Meeting ID 896 6058 3544; Password 1381938
Or, listen to our new dial-in ministry at 216-400-5600 to hear the service or just the sermon.
Please remember that your church needs your love, prayers and support in these troubling times. Please use our PayPal link to make donations online :
Our Welcoming Statement
We, the people of Christ United Methodist Church, regard the love of God to be the foundation of our life and ministry. We believe in the ever-present love of God as witnessed through Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit. We believe that each person is loved by God and is of sacred worth.
We welcome all persons to our Church without regard to race, ethnic or cultural background, social status, gender, sexual orientation, age, theological perspective, political affiliation, or other means people use to categorize and discriminate against others. We express God’s hospitality by creating a safe, healing and transforming place for all to enter.
We celebrate the gifts of all who come seeking God, Christian community and justice in our world, and we welcome all into the life and ministry of our Church. We declare that we grow in grace and in the knowledge of God when we embrace diversity.
We uphold the motto of our denomination – Open Hearts, Open Minds and Open Doors.